Thursday, October 30, 2008

Should I Be Worried???

O.k. here's my concern...2 situations for you to assess-

Situation 1: My son walks up to me on a perfectly normal morning and says in his best Joey Tribbiani voice, "Lookin' good, Mom." And yes, there was a curved lip and slight chin lift to go with his question. Of course I start laughing and asking where he heard that? He just gave me a little smirk and walked off. Then I called my sister to see if her firstborn son, Asher, has ever done this. And to ask if I should be worried. "Nah", she says, "he's just a funny kid." So I'm told.

Situation 2: I am waiting for Trace to come home from school. I'm running around the house but I have the TV tuned to CMT's Redneck Weddings. (This show fascinates me. Seriously, have you ever seen people get married in a mud bog??? Watch this show and you will!) Anyway - this is a show about weddings right? Perfectly harmless right? Yeah, right. T walks in and he's draggin' from not getting enough sleep at rest time. So I ask him, "Hey, buddy, do you want to watch a movie?" Normally at this time I would hear a "yeah, let me pick one out." However, this time I heard, "NOOO. I want to watch THIS!" I turned to see what he thought was so interesting on the TV...HOOTER GIRLS!!! Who has Hooter girls at their wedding??? Rednecks! So tell me should I be worried??? Or, should all of you with girls around his age be worried???? And - this is just proof that you don't go to Hooters just for the wings!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Ha...They must get the second thing from their uncles!!
When we came back to Doug and Lynnann's from a scrapbooking thing at church, the guys were watching that same episode.
Um.....Ryan would never watch a wedding planning show for it's typical content.
Not even if I'm home.

Shawn said...

Haha...it sounds like your son is a boy. :)

-Shawn

Rachel said...

Ha! You know that he is a boy for sure when they start watching you more closely when it comes time to change or shower. I know from experience take for instance my oldest son Gavin. He loves to take showers more freqently now and I am now showering alone now because, last time I was getting dressed after showering and the child walks in, gets an upset face and looks at me with pouty eyes and says "Mom I wanted to take a shower with you" and I explained to him that I needed to hurry and his reply was "but... I wanted to watch you" EEHHH! There have been other things he has discovered as well but, I am choosing not to share those! ~Rachel

Kyla said...

I think I would be more worried if he wan to be the Hooter girl. Just watching is harmles...right?