Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Eight is Great

Eight years already??? Crazy.
Here is some fun info for you...
How we met: I was dating his assistant
How much longer I dated his assistant after we met: 1 week
First thing that attracted me to B: the way he prayed
When did we decide to get married: our first unofficial date - Dec 19th
When did B actually propose: April 13th
What was my response: You can't do that now! ( I hadn't met his parents yet)
When did I finally meet his parents: May 18th
How did I know B was "the one": God told me! no joke! it was loud and clear.
Day we got married: Oct 7 - obviously! (Happy Anni to Crystal and Blaine!)
Other important happenings on that day: St. Louis Cardinals beat the Atlanta Braves in the playoffs and for those of you that don't know I was raised a Cardinal fan and married into a Braves fam. Also, Georgia beat the Tennessee Vols 21-10.
Wedding Bloopers: The flowers we ordered were too big to fit on the stands. People were afraid to tell me. I could have cared less. I was about to marry Brad - who cares about the flowers! My sweet niece - who was one of the 6 kids in the wedding - loved having a basket of rose petals. She kept counting them and you know 3-year-olds can't whisper. Also, I have never officially taken any vows. Just Brad!!! Don't you know this comes up in some arguments. My sweet Grandpa was one of the pastors officiating. Unfortunately he had Alzheimer's and after he did the vows with B he pronounced us man and wife. We were only halfway through the wedding! The other pastor handled the situation beautifully but I still have not taken my vows. I'm thinking that someday we will have to redo our vows.

Anyway this is just some memories I thought I would share.

I love you, B!!!! Happy Anniversary.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I love that story about Grandpa Clay. Ha ha...he had a script for our wedding!!!
Congratulations, 8 years huh? I can't believe that.
I remember your wedding, I wasn't even with Ryan yet.
How time flies.

Any fun anniversary plans...wish I was there to babysit.

jam'n bell said...

Happy Anniversary!

Shawn said...

Happy Anniversary, Jen! Love the story about the vows; how do I not know that story???

~H

lynn said...

i love you too B!!! thanks for taking my sister!!!! no really i love you guys. Happy Day!!!