Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Lovin' my Lipgloss

I now have a new reason to support my lip gloss habit. You see I am the woman who goes through those little baskets at Target to see what new shades of shine are now on sale. I can hardly pass them up. I LOVE lip gloss (and shoes but that is for another day, another time.)

Just this week I was running out my door trying to get the kids in their seats as fast as possible so that I could hit Hobby Lobby before meeting Hubby to vote. I started out my driveway but then stopped because the week before I left my house unlocked while out for hours. I just couldn't remember if I locked the door or not. I went to unlock my seat belt and noticed that I couldn't press down the release button. I finally got it loose but when I got back in the car - I actually did remember to lock the door - I had second thoughts about buckling up. The law won out and I decided to chance it. I called Hubby on the way and told him my dilemma. He laughed and said that it would be real funny trying to crawl out of my seat belt. Absolutely no sympathy or support! As we pulled into Hobby Lobby my mind started going in circles trying to figure out what I will do if my seat belt release won't work. The moment of truth came. I parked my car, turned of the ignition and reached for the release. My fear became my reality. My seat belt held me captive. I am proud to say that in this situation I didn't even think to curse but I did laugh. How many of us get trapped by our own cars? Have I offended my car? I have not been the best owner nor the most appreciative but I did not deserve this! I would not allow my car to hold me captive. I channeled my inner MacGyver and formed my plan. My tool of choice - my Shimmering Apricot tube of lip gloss. I jammed that sucker down into the release button until it gave way. Ha! I win. So for all of you who need a justification to buy another tube of shimmering, silky lip gloss - you just got it.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

That is one great visual for today.
~H

Unknown said...

Hi there! Just peeking at your blog! I will definitely tell my hubby this one when I need a quick excuse for the next purchase I get busted for! Ha, ha!!