Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Open House

This evening as I was waiting for my hubby to get home, cooking dinner, entertaining Trace and trying to feed Shea Shea there was a knock at the door. I open the door to find our 5 year old neighbor, Bryant waiting on my door step. He wants Trace to play. I want my evening calm and quiet and don't want to go outside to watch my kid. I give him the excuse that Trace is going to eat soon so he can't play. Oh, the conviction. You see Brad and I decided long ago that our house should be a place where kids can come play and feel like one of the family. A kind of open house policy. Our parents were this way with our friends. So I quickly told Bryant that he could come in and play with Trace. All in all it ended up being a good night. Bryant stayed for dinner, the boys played and I actually got more done than normal. I love it.

5 comments:

Betty said...

Yeah! You are up and running! Welcome to the blog world! I am a blogaholic so know that I will be checking on you often! I love the family picture! And yes-the conviction!!! Open house policy is more of a blessing than you will ever know!!!

Love you girl and I am adding you to my blog list right now!!!

jam'n bell said...

Hey, girl! Welcome to the blog world!

Emily said...

Unfortunately, we have a computer that doesn't work totally.
When I get online, I can't see everything that I'm supposed to. I think it's something to do with the video card.
So, I have to guess, and unless I check my blog from someone else's computer, I don't have any idea what it actually looks like!!!
So, I just have one of the predone layouts from blogger. I did make a custom header in photoshop.

Emily said...

Oh, by the way, I love it that you are blogging. Now we can really keep in touch!!
Enjoy.

Emily said...

Ok...I know I'm one to talk...but I keep waiting for a new post!!!!
Waiting...
...Waiting...
Waiting!!!

Don't mention that it's been over a week for me!!!